« PreviousContinue »
1. THOUGH absent, present in desires they be;
BOOK OF QUOTATIONS.
2. Absence not long enough to root out quite All love, increases love at second sight.
I'm from thy sight, the heart within my bosom
Of day or dreaming nights but I am with thee:
OTWAY'S Venice Preserved. There's not an hour
5. What tender strains of passion can impart
Souls paired like ours, like ours to union wrought,
6. When I think of my own native land,
7. Nor wife, nor children, more shall he behold, Nor friends, nor sacred home.
8. Think'st thou that I could bear to part
9. Far I go where fate may lead me,
BYRON'S Bride of Abydos.
10. Tho' fate, my girl, may bid us part,
12. 'Tis hard to be parted from those
With whom we for ever could dwell;
When perhaps we are saying farewell-forever!
13. When absent from her whom my soul holds most dear,
In this bosom what anguish, what hope, and what fear,